About the Award:
This award aims to recognize excellence in research in the field of basic and translational science with the goal of encouraging non-clinicians in the early stages of their careers to submit their work for presentation at the ISHLT Annual meeting.
Five finalists whose work is selected for oral presentation
will be invited to present their abstract research at the Annual Meeting, and the registration fee will be waived for these finalists. Each presentation will be recorded and judged online after the meeting by a panel of experts.
The award recipient will receive complimentary ISHLT membership for the remainder of the year (if the recipient is a non-member) and complimentary registration to the next year's Annual Meeting.
First authors who meet all eligibility criteria during abstract submission are automatically considered for the award.
- Candidate must be a trainee scientist or medical student who does not hold a medical degree. Early career nurses and pharmacists may apply.
- Candidate must NOT be a post-graduate clinician/trainee and/or hold a faculty position.
- Current ISHLT membership is not required.
- The abstract must be submitted into one of the basic science abstract categories (specified in the abstract category title)
- Candidate must be first author and presenter.
- Candidate must not have previously won this award.
2021 Xiaomeng Hu
"CRIPSR/Cas9 Technology: Hypoimmunogenic Pluripotent Stem Cells Evade Immune Rejection In Fully Immunocompetent Allogeneic Recipients"
2019 Argit Marishta, BS
"Mitochondrial DNA Mismatches in Thoracic Transplantation: Potential Triggers of Allograft Immunogenicity"
2018 Kenneth A. Sinclair, BSC (Hons), PhD
"Lysophosphatidic Acid Drives Recuritment and Fibroblastic Differntiation of Mesenchymal Stromal Cells in Chronic Lung Allograft Dysfunction"
2017 Hsi-Min Hsiao, PhD
"Splenic Monocytes Promote Neutrophil Extravasation into Lung Grafts via a TLR9-IL1β-Dependent Pathway"