- Children < 18 years of age with either congenital or acquired heart disease presenting with heart failure
- Children < 18 years of age
- With either congenital or acquired heart disease
- Presenting with symptomatic cardiac failure (NYHA or Ross classification >1) not amenable to surgical correction
- Asymptomatic patients with sufficient echocardiographic dysfunction warranting the initiation of medication
- High-flow/shunt lesions as underlying reason for heart failure (e.g. VSD, AVSD, systemic or CNS vascular malformations, catecholamine producing tumors, etc.)
- Children with correctable lesions (e.g. critical AS, critical PS, etc.)
- On mechanical circulatory support at time of registration (will be in iMACS registry)
- At time of 1st presentation for heart failure (inpatient or outpatient) to the enrolling center. May have had a diagnosis of heart failure at an outside institution.
- Annual follow-up
- Event initiated follow-up (hospitalization or death)
After completion of site enrollment, click here to enroll patients: iPHFR Patient Enrollment.