ISHLT 37th Annual Meeting and Scientific SessionsGENERAL INFORMATION:
The 2017 Annual Meeting will be held at the newly renovated Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel, which is ideally situated on San Diego Bay, between the San Diego Convention Center and the city’s popular Seaport Village. We hope to build on the tremendous success of the 2016 Washington, DC meeting, the best attended meeting in the Society’s history!
While the meeting will begin as usual on Wednesday and end as usual on Saturday at 1:30 pm, the format of the San Diego meeting will be different from previous meetings:
- The Opening Plenary will be on Wednesday (instead of Thursday)
- Oral abstract sessions begin on Wednesday afternoon, after the Opening Plenary
- Symposia sessions are distributed throughout the week rather than only on Wednesday
- Two clusters of program content are focused on a couple of days rather than spread throughout the meeting:
1. Infectious Diseases on Wednesday and Thursday to follow the Infectious Diseases Academy on Tuesday
2. Pathology on Friday
More Annual Meeting Information can be found on the following pages:ABOUT SAN DIEGO:
Located only minutes from the airport, San Diego’s thriving downtown districts, including the historic Gaslamp Quarter, offer a plethora of options for accommodations, activities, dining, shopping and cultural attractions, all within walkable city blocks. When the sun goes down, the city's Gaslamp Quarter comes alive as it takes center stage in San Diego's happening nightlife scene. With a colorful array of restaurants, nightclubs, art galleries and boutiques, you will find plenty of things to do on foot. To learn more about San Diego, visit www.sandiego.org.