Boards & Committees - IMACS Registry
ISHLT Mechanically Assisted Circulatory Support (IMACS) Registry Interim Steering Committee
ISHLT 38th Annual Meeting and Scientific Sessions
Acropolis Congrès Centre
- The Chair of the IMACS Registry Steering Committee shall be appointed by the Board of Directors for a three-year term, renewable once.
- One representative to the Committee shall be appointed by each collective actively submitting data to the Registry.
- The biostatistician for the Registry shall serve as a member of the Committee.
- Additional Committee members will be selected by the Chair and approved by the Board. Such Committee members shall be selected to ensure specialty expertise and geographic representation from areas contributing to the Registry. Such Committee members will be appointed to serve 3-year staggered terms.
- Before the appointment of a new Committee member is due, relevant Council Chairs shall be asked to solicit nominations from among their Councilís membership for appointment to the Committee and shall submit such nominations to the Chair for consideration.
- The Chair may receive an annual stipend established by the Board of Directors.
- The Chair must report to the Board to include the following:
- Summary of the prior year data collection
- Status of deliverables from the prior year
- list of publications arising from the registry during the prior year
- Assessment of need to continueoperating the registry
- Plans for the coming year including proposed deliverables / publications
- Strategic plans for the 3 and 5 year time frames
- The duties of the Chair shall include maintaining the scientific integrity of the Registry, working within the budget as set by the Board of Directors, and achieving the goals and objectives set for the Registry.
- Oversee the implementation of the registry and monitor its ongoing progress, participation rates, and cost- benefit ratio.
- Conduct regular evaluations regarding the need to continue to operate the registry.
- Identify and revise, as needed, data collection fields and definitions that facilitate the collection of appropriate information.
- Interface with governmental agencies, international transplant networks, and individual centers to encourage their submission of data to the Registry and to enhance compliance with data submission.
- Review abstracts and manuscripts generated with the use of Registry data prior to submission for peer-review/publication.
- Review results of data collection and generate regular Annual Data Reports.
- Authorize, review, and approve the submission of requests for access to the data for scientific studies.
- Initiate and facilitate data analysis projects.
- Oversee compliance with data use agreements.
- Achieve the goals and objectives established annually by the Board for the Registry.
Montefiore Medical Center
Bronx, New York, USA
Henry Ford Hospitals
Detroit, MI, USA
Newcastle Upon Tyne, UNITED KINGDOM
National Cerebral and Cardiovascular Center
Addison, Texas, USA
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Birmingham, AL, USA