Boards & Committees - Finance
FINANCE COMMITTEEEX-OFFICIO MEMBERS:
- The Finance Committee shall consist of a Chair (the Secretary-Treasurer of the Society), the President-Elect, and three at large members selected by the Chair from among the Board and/or general membership.
- At large members shall serve three year terms.
- The at large members are required to have relevant financial experience, training, or expertise.
- The Executive Director and the President shall serve as ex-officio members of the Finance Committee.
- Assist the Board in its oversight of the management of ISHLT's finances, investment, and other assets
- Review and recommend approval of an annual operating budget
- Ensure the maintenance of an appropriate capital structure
- Provide advice and make recommendations to the Board on issues related to fiscal policy, financial management and reporting, and other matters affecting the finances of ISHLT, both current and long term
- Review the Society's financial statements
- Develop and revise, as necessary, an investment policy statement
- Review the performance of the Society's investment manager annually
- Determine audit policy for the Society