Boards & Committees - Conflict of Interest
CONFLICT OF INTEREST COMMITTEEMEMBERS TO BE DETERMINED...
- The COI Committee members shall consist of the COI Compliance Officer for the Board, the Chair of the Education Committee, the Chair of the Annual Meeting Scientific Program Committee, the Chair-elect of the Annual Meeting Scientific Program Committee, the Chairs of the current year's Academies, the President, and the President-Elect.
- The COI Compliance Officer for the Board shall be appointed by the Executive Committee and shall serve as Chair of the COI Committee for a one-year renewable term.
- The COI Committee is responsible for establishing and enforcing the COI Policy for the Society and for updating the Policy as needed.
- The COI Committee reviews the COI disclosures of all individuals with relevant financial relationships and communicates with all such individuals their responsibilities regarding COI policy and bias management, including specific steps to be taken to resolve conflicts of interest.
- The COI Committee reviews and investigates instances of non-compliance with and violations of COI Policy and makes recommendations to the Board regarding any corrective and/or punitive action they feel is warranted.