Transplant Registry Early Career Award
Below are links to Excel spreadsheet files containing information regarding the data elements being collected by the ISHLT Registry.
ISHLT issues up to annually. Each award is in the amount of up to $7,500. The funding period is for one year.APPLICATION:
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Megan Barrett at 972-490-9495 or email@example.com.ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
FUNDING STIPULATIONS/AWARD POLICIES:
- The applicant or the applicant's chief of staff/research project director must be a member of the ISHLT in good standing at the time of application and throughout the period of funding.
- The applicant must have attained fellowship or junior faculty level (Instructor or Assistant Professor equivalent) appointment prior to the period of the award.
- The applicant must not have already received extramural funding for the same period from any other granting agency. Simultaneous internal funding for the recipient's institution/department is permitted if it is not for the same or closely related research.
- Research must begin between April 1 and December 31 of the award year.
- The results of funded research must be submitted in one of the following formats, preferably both, within two years of the initial date of funding:
• as a manuscript to the Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation
• as an abstract for the ISHLT Annual Meeting and Scientific Sessions
- The results of funded research cannot have been previously published or presented prior to publication in the Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation or presentation at the ISHLT Annual Meeting.
- It is expected that the research and data analysis will be conducted at the applicant's institution by the applicant. However, the applicant will be assisted by Leah Edwards, PhD, the ISHLT Registry Biostatistician, and at least one of the Registry Associate Medical Directors; each of these individuals will also be included in all abstracts and manuscripts related to the project. The applicant will also have an option to request biostatistical support for the full project from the ISHLT Registry biostatistical core at TII/UNOS. The charge for data analysis through this mechanism is $175/hr.
- ISHLT must be acknowledged as a funding source in all manuscripts and presentations derived from the funded research via the following statement, "This work was supported by a research award from the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation." Copies of these publications must be submitted to the ISHLT Headquarters office.
- The award is in the amount of $7,500, of which $5,000 is to be allocated for statistical support costs of the project, and $2,500 to be used to offset the cost of travel to present the work at a future ISHLT Annual Meeting. Funding will be awarded in two portions. 50% of the funding will be provided initially, with the remaining 50% provided upon submission of a progress report to the Awards Committee 6 months after the date of initial funding. None of the funding will be provided if the research is not being conducted at the original institution.
- The award recipient's institution agrees that the funds will be expended for the purpose(s) described in the application, that there is no duplicate funding for these purposes, and that no portion of the award will be used to pay for indirect costs or institutional overhead.
- The award recipient or his/her research project director must be present at the Awards Presentation at the ISHLT Annual Meeting to receive acknowledgment of the award.