Awards - Applications - Nursing Research Grant
|ISHLT GRANTS AND AWARDS PROGRAM|
ISHLT issues at least one Nursing, Health Sciences and Allied Health Research Grant annually in an amount of up to $12,000. The funding period is for one year.
The will be available in November 2013.
For questions about the application process, please contact Phyllis Glenn at 972-490-9495 or email@example.com.
The purpose of this award is to encourage qualified nurses, social scientists and other health care professionals to conduct research related to the areas of end-stage heart and lung disease and transplantation. This award is designated for non-physician allied health professionals.
- The PI must be a non-physician member of the ISHLT and the Council on Nursing, Health Science, and Allied Health.
- The PI must have at least a bachelor's degree.
- The PI may be a new or established researcher.
- The PI must have either direct clinical or research experience in nursing and/or social sciences.
- The grant may be for new or ongoing research.
- A grant will be awarded to the same study for a maximum of two times.
- Past recipients of this award are not eligible again for three years.
- Research must begin between April 1 and December 31 of the award year.
- The results of funded research must be submitted in one of the following formats within three years of the initial date of funding:
• as a manuscript to the Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation
• as an abstract for the ISHLT Annual meeting and Scientific Sessions
• as a report for publication in either the Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation or the Society News newsletter
- The results of funded research cannot have been previously published or presented prior to publication in the Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation or presentation at the ISHLT Annual Meeting.
- The funds must be used within 1 year of the disbursement date.
- The award recipient and the awards recipient's institution agree that the funds will be expended for the purpose(s) described in the application, that there is no duplicate funding for these purposes, and that no portion of the award shall be used to pay for indirect costs or institutional overhead.
- The award recipient and the award recipient's institution agree to return any unused funds to the ISHLT.
- The award recipient agrees to submit a written progress report and cash disbursement report to the ISHLT at 6 and 12 months following disbursement of the funds.
- ISHLT must be acknowledged as a funding source in all manuscripts and presentations derived from the funded research via the following statement: "This work was supported by a research award from the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation." Copies of these publications must be submitted to the ISHLT Headquarters office.
- The award recipient or his/her research project director must be present at the Awards Presentation ceremony at the ISHLT Annual Meeting to receive acknowledgment of the award.
The scientific merit and fundability of all submitted research proposals will be judged by at least 2 members of the ISHLT Grants and Awards Committee. Outside experts may also be consulted. The Committee Chair will select the members to participate in the review process. All judges will independently review each research proposal according to established guidelines. A written report will be completed for each proposal. All reports will be sent to the Committee Chair. The Chair will organize a meeting or conference call to review the proposals and select the proposal(s) for funding. Applicants will not receive written feedback about their proposals, nor will proposals be returned to applicants. Depending upon the scope of applications received, funding may be awarded to a single application, or the funds may be allocated to two or more smaller, independent projects.